Pentium D (3.0ghz) Dual Core Processor vs AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Dual Core Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furion

Beta member
As said in the title, which one would be a better processor, the Pentium D (3.0ghz) Dual Core Processor or the AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Dual Core Processor? Could anyone also list the pros and cons of both processors.

P.S. I want to use the processors for Gaming / Surfing the Net.

the 4400+ by far. the 4400+ comprises 2x3700+ cores each of which could outstrip a single core 3.0ghz pentium 4 considerably. as the dual core is obviously 2x3.0ghz p4 cores (presumably prescott cores unless this is a presler) the 3700+ which is equivelant or better than a 3.7ghz prescott will anhialate it. there are no real advantages to the pentium D's

whoa wat the ****? was my sig to long, or was it cause of that model?
i doubt it was cause of the model, cause its free for view and use on this website in the tutorials section, so ill just make it smaller.

On Tomshardware they have a new CPU chart that shows all the CPUs and how they perform. The 4400+ beat not only all the Pentium Ds but also both Pentium Extremes in mostly everything. AMD all the way

do u have that article? cuz the pentium dual-core ee 965 3.73GHz was pretty close in all benchmarks to the fx-60. the amd still beat it but it wasnt a murder or anything. and the fx-60 fricken rocks everything... until the conroes

well clearly the 4400+ wont beat all the Intels, but all of Intels AMD counterparts ( including 1 cpu lower) gets pwnd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom