X fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanlopez4550

In Runtime
my friend has an Xfi and when he plugs it in he cant boot up to windows.. it just goes blue screen on min... hes back in new york so i cant see exactly whats happening but has anyone else encountered this?

yea he had it working just fine for like... i dunno not even a day lol

i really dont want to have to go through this all with him haha i spend to much time trying to help him on the phone

he doesnt seem to want to contact creative which is plain stupid considering its a new 200 dollar card!

first 2 things he should do to test are 1. remove the card, re-insert it making sure that its in securely 2. try it another pc

edit: it just occured to me that it could be a problem with a corrupted driver although i think its unlikely as that would normally only cause a BSOD on something like a graphics card but it is still a possibility. press F8 repeatedly as the PC is starting up until the screen with the option to start in safe mode comes up. start in safe mode and see if that works. if it starts in safe mode i think that would suggest a driver problem in which case he should use safe mode to remove the drivers and reboot into normal mode and try re-installing them, perhaps downloading updated drivers

yea i had him remove it and try again and make sure it was secure and nothing in the pci and on and on and on

the computer starts up just fine without the card in it

he lives in the boonies... the way out there boonies. im currently in arizona lol so i cant help him out physically... see if he can try it on his moms though... poor guy still lives with mommy lol

sorry for the wasted post but just in case you didn't notice my edit......
"it just occured to me that it could be a problem with a corrupted driver although i think its unlikely as that would normally only cause a BSOD on something like a graphics card but it is still a possibility. press F8 repeatedly as the PC is starting up until the screen with the option to start in safe mode comes up. start in safe mode and see if that works. if it starts in safe mode i think that would suggest a driver problem in which case he should use safe mode to remove the drivers and reboot into normal mode and try re-installing them, perhaps downloading updated drivers"

haha thats funny... i should have thought of that...

thanks a ton ill email that to him and see what happens... my luck **** break something else in the process and ill be on the phone for another 5 hours...:mad:

haush haush... i mean he'll not ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom