Nlite Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Hello all, asked in another post but probably best to make a new one since it's a different topic.

I'm using Nlite to integrate a SATA driver onto my XP OS CD, and when I select the driver it lists two available "Modes" to choose. One is 'Regular PNP Driver" and the second is "Textmode Driver".

I don't have a floppy so I'm just trying to find an easy way to get the driver on my XP CD so I can install a new SATA 2 drive, so any help is appreciated. I was going to select "Regualar PNP Driver" but I want to be sure. Thanks!

You sure you need a driver for the XP install? I just installed two SATAII drives on my PC and it did not require me to install any SATA drivers...simply installed the way the IDE drives did. Just load both of them they shouldnt take up to much space :)

Yep, if I want to use the drive in SATA I need to make a SATA driver disk or integrate the drive onto my OS CD. The drive isn't recognized without it.

If anyone knows what I need to select in Nlite to integrate my SATA drivers to my OS CD either "Regular PNP driver" or "textmode driver" please let me know.

if I remember correctly, I selected text mode. you can always go back and change it if that don't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom