HomeStudio Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyDee

Baseband Member
hey guys, well ima make it short i have a PC With: Amd Athlon XP 2500 1.83 GHz, 512MN RAM, and 128MB ATI, im not sure about sound card.... But i want to make this PC into a HomeStudio Running PC, i know i need a sound card with MIDI and More ram and maybe 2.0+ GHz... but anyone knows on how much its gonaa cost me??? im willing to get on Ebay aswell...so if anyone has any tips or linx id be happy to look at em,, TY

lol i heard apple just makes it look like they offer tht...but iam thinking of apple

No need for Apple.Overpriced, well I would suggest atleast 1gb and how much you gonna be doing on your computer.A dual core is probaly out of your price range but it will handle almost anything.Anyways I would suggest the AmD 3200+ Venice Core
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103535
Intergrated GFX'x should be good like 6100
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...t=ENE&description=6100&Subcategory=22&Ntk=all
Any of those, should work good for mild gaming and DVD or video watching.
I say around $600-$700 if you go with the 6100
if youre going to go with a DUal Core and Quaility. $1000-$1500

see im not really looking for Playing games... i just want to maek music on teh PC, cuz right now i have a old piano tht i use at a sound out up and its sounds horrible!! i want the out to go to PC , but to do tht i need a Soundcard with MIDI, so tht the out can go out the sound card and to my Speakers....thts another thing SPEAKERS, im thinking of spending lots of money on them so it will slow me down on teh upgrade for RAM, and GHz...im trying to score ona job ASAP so i can provide my own...but thnx for teh linx ill check em out

for performance cheap speakers, i'd suggest the logitech x-530, i think everyone is behind when i say that these speakers are definitely worth th $60, and are really good. has GREAT! reviews.

nice speakrs but reallly arent intended for home studio , its best to use studio/active monitors for that (and no im not talking on *screens*)

yea i was talking about Monitors, i just thought ppl might thiink im talking about the screen, i id say tht... but monitors go for 199-599 and i dont have tht type of money tey.. so im just looking for Speakres right now

m-audio sells some studio monitors for like 99 bucks if you can afford those but 99 is for their cheapest 2.0 set. and it goes up from there.

also you can get a really cheap intel dualcore for what your doing. 130 bucks for a dual core can't really beat that. think 1 gig of ddr2 ram would cost you around 80 dollars?(valuram). i think if you were to get this computer with the m audio speakers it owuld cost maybe around 600? give or take a few

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom