Status
Not open for further replies.

funni_gum

Solid State Member
My computer specs are:
Intel Pentium4 660 Hyper Threading 3.6
Gigabyte LGA775 GA-81945P (PRO)(-G)
G5 looking Case with (New) Enermax SLi 535w ATX 12v v.2.0
2x 512 ddr20 668MHz Dual channel(With heat sinks)
XFX Geforce 7600GT
2 Dvd drives
320GB
Zalman Copper Heatsink/Fan - 92 mm
2 80 mm Fans(1 front, 1 back)
2 120 mm Fans(1 side, 1 front)
2 PSU built in Fans
1 PCI slot Air blower

Ok, my computer was working great with my new PSU(ran a little hot) and had no problems. I have read from PC magazines that updateing Drivers and Software might help performance if there are updates, so i went ahead and updated my Motherboard Audio Driver(3 updates) and a Bios update. When installed the Drivers i was promted once to restart but I didnt and went ahead to instal the Bios update. When i restarted my computer, my computer wouldnt boot(black screen, the power light for the screen is orange not green, all fans are running, Video card fan running too). I left it on for 1 minute and thought maybe it froze while trying to install the file and turned it off manually. Till now it still wont boot i get no beeps, I know 1 beep means Great no problems and other beeps mean trouble but I get no beeps. I tried taking out the mother board battery(I know the Power has to be off while doing this) for 4 minutes but it didnt work so i'm going to leave the battery out for the night, I tried putting in my windows media center cds(trying to reformat) but the screen still is black and wont budge. I dont even see my curusor, I just bought a new PSU and i dont think i would want to go buy a new motherboard for installing a god **** Bios update from the Offcial Site thats suppose to be GOOD for me(an innocent customer). Can anyone please help me, i'm in the deepest need right now. Thanks in advance!

I really doubt you have much to worry about in terms on hardware. Pulling out the battery sounds like the best bet to me, make sure your PC in unplugged while you do this, otherwise the motherboard has ambient power. There might also be jumpers on your motherboard to reset the bios, the motherboard manual will say if there are them, try that.

Doing BIOS flash updates are risky, if everything doesn't go exactly according to plan you can screw up your BIOS.
Pm;y do a bios flash when you know for a fact that you need to to fix some specific hardware issue.

What bios update did you use? did you used gigabytes automatic utility or a specific exe?

reset the cmos , it might do the trick
image29rk.jpg

i download 3 specific exe, i didnt use the giga byte utility i used the site, i took out the battery for 9 hours and it still doesnt work. how do i flash the bios and will it damage my system? I can even do anything.. This is really messed up

what exactly do you mean by "used the site"? , the bios flashing question is irevelent at the moment but in general you should follow instructions on the mobo site ,usally you can update it via windows using the manufacturer software or with a bootable floppy... , are you 100% sure the bios you download is for your exact mobo model? , anyway sounds like youll have to rma it

a longshot but worth a try , use the jumper method for resetting the cmos (do it while its powered off)
gbytecmos5lj.jpg

I tried the clear CMOS thing ddint work, can u guys teach meabout flashing bios and do u think i need to do it, i need step by step help. Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom