Do I have XP 32 or 64?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
How can you tell which version of XP you're running? I know it sounds like a dumb question but I don't know. My XP Pro CD says nothing either way. I'm trying to integrate some SATA Drivers onto my XP CD. I'm guessing it's X32. Any help would be great!

Right click my computer>>properties. If it says Windows XP Professional then its 32bit. It will say Windows XP x64 if you have the 64bit o/s

Right-click on 'My Computer' -> properties and look under the 'General' tab.

if you have the 64-bit edition it should say there.

It should look something like this:

Win64AMD64.jpg

Ahh, thanks so much. It looks like I have the 32 bit.

Since I now have a 64-bit CPU, is the XP 64 going to give a big improvement, or should I just wait until Vista?

Also, for anyone that has integrated drivers into XP pro using Nlite, when I select the sata driver I want it asks me to select the MODE, regular PnP driver or Testmode Driver. Which one do I choose? As I said, just trying to get my SATA driver onto my XP Pro SP2 CD because I do not have a floppy.

Thanks for all the help, you guys are great :)

don't bother with x64. it is only intended for 2 reasons 1. marketing gimmick to catch the unwary or 2. for specific software packages that take full advantage of a 64 bit operating environment, most of which you will most likely never use. x64 has no real advantages over 32 bit other than support for 3gb+ memory. it has very poor software and driver support

Which is completly wrong but I suppose thats ok since you never used it and are repeating what someone said?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom