HELP!! Saitek Gamers Keyboard Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

TicTac2

Baseband Member
So earlier today I restart my computer to enter the bios to start some overclocking. My motherboard is an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe so normally I press delete to enter it. However this time, nothing happens. I restart a few times to check I wasnt pressing the button the wrong time, but still had no luck. I also tried the other buttons you can press in startup i.e. f8 for boot options but nothing worked.

(I remember a few days ago I logged in and it said something about Saitek keyoard drivers being unistalled/installed (cant remember which) although I hadnnt done anything to make this happen, I just ignored this.)

So I got into windows and started trying to fiddle with the Saitek drivers to see if I could reinstall anything to get it to work. I tried to uninstall everything and reinstall but I only ended up installing the human interface drivers. I did something like add new hardware and got the rest of the drivers off from the disc in control panel so I had about 8 relation to the keyboard. However at this point the keyboard stopped responding. I couldnt type anything. Stupidly I restarted thinking it would help and am stuck on the logon page where the only accounts have passwords

What has caused all this with my keyboard and is there anything I can do now apart from get a new keyboard to get past the logon screen?

And also, in general are ps2 keyboards better?

Thanks for any help

ok, for some reason, by plugging it into my laptop, and then plugging it back into my desktop the keyboard works again, but I STILL cant access the bios by pressing 'delete' and on that note I can not do anything with the keyboard when botting up.

As I turn the computer on, the backlight flashes on and then goes off until I get to the log-on screen.

4 days ago I could access the bios fine with this keyboard so I do not know what has happened now. . .

Would a usb>ps2 converter help? What can I do to get it to work?

Thanks

oh i c, so before i put in a USB keyboard, i have to use PS/2 to enable the legacy USB, or do some Mobos come default with legacy enbaled? and if they do. does the DFI Lanparty UT Ultra-D, cuase im getting the saitek.

but how does putting it into his laptop, then using it on his computer again fix it, when no1 actually enabled legacy usb?

I don't think any motherboards have it on by default.

however, you will be able to use a USB keyboard once you get to Windows, since Windows has drivers which will work with any USB keyboard
if you use MS-DOS for whatever reason (flashing a BIOS or something), you will need legacy USB enabled for it though.

if the keyboard has extra features, you'll still be able to use the keyboard with the Windows drivers. but you'll usually need to install the manufacturers drivers to use the extra features.

I just keep my old PS/2 keyboard if i have to use the F8 thing. I can get in my BIOS though without switching keyboards though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom