Logitech MX510

Status
Not open for further replies.
how the **** do u no if you live 2 mins from me?

thanx for the suggestions guys, im going to buy it today.

:)

k so i just got back from the store, and i was forced to get a MX310, because they were out of stock, but its still a good mouse, not for gaming or anything, its not for me anyways, just my moms for work.

its actually pretty good, ergonomically, but wat i dont like is that you no the back and forward buttons, the forward button on the right side of the mouse is place pretty far down your pinky so you have to move your pinky down a bit to reach it, thats the only downside. otherwise its excellent, but i would've really wanted to get the mx510. oh well. shiz happens.

actually that is not true, there are still some stores that sell it here, but it was a total rip off.

My friend has a G5 (laser) and I don't see a big difference between laser and my optical MX518, other then higher DPI, but who needs 2000 dpi (1600 is insane as it is!). I perfer optical because it gives off that cool red light lol. I personally think that the 518 isn't that bad looking (my friends think it's cool) but I don't care since my palm is covering it and I usually don't look at my mouse. The forward and back buttons are awsome for internet browsing.

wats the difference between optical and laser? and what does laser use to scroll? is it like the lasers on a track ball?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_mouse

Optical and laser have a lot in common. It's just that it uses a laser instead of a red LED to light up the surface when it is being used to take the pictures. Laser mouses takes higher res pics, but I see almost no difference other then the insane DPI and optical gives off red light (and no you don't see a laser coming off the bottom of the mouse).

oh i c now, thats cool, and about picking up the mx 1000 and moving it around, does that mean that if your just like walking around or standing or something like that, you dont need a pad or anything solid directly under the mouse, just move it in the air and the lasers response from the first surface it hits will move the pointer right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom