Modded your case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i used the sanding bit on my dremel, it is about 1.5 cm's away from my PSU (Thermaltake Xaser Purepower) and i lined it up with a measuring tape.ruler and square, tehre is a LITTLE game from where the top audio used to be but barly noticable with the molding around it.

ok thanks for ur replies. this will be my first mod so sorry if this is a dumb question but whats the molding u said about?

its called U molding its the stuff thats on car windows and stuff, if u dont have money to get it u can take a extra PSU cable or something and plice it down the middle and take the cables out and use that as the molding thats what i did.

i think i know wat u mean. so u sliced the cable and wrapped it on the inside of the hole? wat did you use to stick it to the alluminium? btw thanks a lot. hav u modded ur case in any other way?

yes i just stuck it around the inside of the hole, i didnt use anythign to keep it on because the fan grill keeps it tight to it, no other real mods yet besides a new side window. router going ontop of PSU soon and then cutting holes for the cables,replaceing the two blue LED's in the front with red ones. and a window etch whever i get around to it. probably tonight if i find a good design, if u know of anything good post it.

awesome will start preparing everything later (much later, its 1:15 in the mornin here and im on my psp lol.) is that like neon cable thing? i saw a guide earlier on it. ill send u the link later if i can find it. btw wat dremel do u hav i dont hav a clue wat to look for. thanks mate.

what neon cable thing? i have 2 different dremel's so there diff types but one is the dremel xpr400 and its pritty **** good comes with nice accessories too. any idea's for a window etch? im going with a red dragon theme.

sorry was thinking of sumthin else. its just a neon/led cable that goes round the window. if u go to wizd forums some of the ideas there are good. will look into that dremel, cheers.

Hey Mentali$T,

Here are some details of the covers you ask for. Like I said on the thread those covers were made first by cutting a template out of cardboard and when I got the fit just right I then transferred that to a sheet of 1/8" clear Plexiglas. Doing more fittings and sanding down I ended up with a very nice custom cut pieces.

I would like to add that if the plexi still has it's protective plastic sheets on them leave them on as you don't want any dust on them until your ready for painting and remember that you want to paint only the back side of the plexi and not the side that is going to be seen. I also added 1/4" spacers with Velcro on them to secure them to the bottom of the case and for easy removal.

Below is a drawing I did to illustrate the assembly.
Floorplateb.jpg

PICT0086aza.jpg

As you can see the results are very clean and stealthy

Hope this is clear enough for you but if you have any questions let me know;) Oh BTW the same process was used to create the side bay cover as well, but no spacers were used just Velcro.

Scooby:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom