pc start up problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

zak55555

Beta member
I was installing windows xp on my new 120 gb harddrive when halfway done an error message comes up and says that a certain file was corrupted so i clicked on ignore then the whole computer froze i couldnt even move the mouse so i had no choice but to press the power button, then when i rebooted the, monitors lcd light stayed yellow and didnt show anything. WHATS WRONG ?

try resetting the cmos , unplug the power cord and get the battery out for 20 mins,then put it back & plug the power cord & power up (put it back exactly as it was,puting it upside down might fry the mobo) , anyway if it will work then get into the bios and load optimized/performance defaults

i know my windows disk was scratched but when i rebooted the pc nothing showed, the monitors light stayed yellow, never turns green, so even if i did that nothing comes up

Reset the CMOS like said above.

You will have to move the jumpers also. It won't clear everything if you only cut the power to it.

actually no need for moving any jumper , theres 2 ways to reset the cmos the battery & the jumper near it , no need to do em both at once , i suggested the battery method as the jumper method isnt the same on each mobo , on some its pins 2-3 some 1-2 and some you need to put the jumper in or out, the battery method is more universally compatible which is why i suggested it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom