ASUS v DFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
adam02 said:
Err..i use corsair value select in my DFI ultra-D

So you might wanna know what your talking about.

EDIT: That Gskill will work very well on DFI's. I dont know why you want the SLI-Expert.
I would recommend to you Get the Ultra-D and that Gskill and get a very good single solution card. SLI is not great value.

No crap, it's not like the value select won't work, point blank. What he GR was saying is that on average, the memory is usually very unstable and doesn't like to cooperate well with DFI boards.

Running said:
asus, cause the silent heatpipe and it oc's as well as the dfi.

yeah.........um.......thats wat makes DFI better, cause it OCs better!.....and the tweaking of the Bios n shiz like that.........

alright guys im prettty sure that im gonna go w/ the ultra-d like i had planned in the first place...i was just wondering...are they still sli moddable

and about the modding to SLi, i read that on DFI Street that all you need to do is rub harder to get through the epoxy, and thats pretty much it. or you can use something else to get through the epoxy, i heard someone say on that site that he used acetone.

yea but its pretty pointless, cos ur gunna have to buy an SLI bridge, so it will add up to more than the SLI-d and you also void your warantee if you do that mod, its only really if you bought the Ultra-d and wanted SLI without buying a new board. so if u want SLI, get the SLI D.

Yo sorry for attacking u about the corsair value select thing, i just assume if a set of corsairs work on mine, any set can work on all DFI, just thought you meant no corsair work. Oh yea another cool thing about DFI, if you get stuck or if somethings not working, you can ask directly at DFI street to the engineers and they can help you no probs at all.

well when you buy a Sli-d AND an sli bridge, it CLEARLY adds up to more, so i see no difference.

"technically" it will void your warranty, but what genius actually looks at the 2 tiniest things on the motherboard, or that can find it by pure speculation, or even no where to look. if your worried about voiding your warranty, dont be, they cant tell, they only notice some major changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom