Wierd Beep when i close a program..

Status
Not open for further replies.

infiltrator7

Daemon Poster
I just installed my 7900gt, and installed the drivers etc. This has never happened before, but when i close a program i'll get a short, high pitched beep. It's weird though because it comes out of my speakers, yet there is nothing set under sounds for 'close program'. What's the problem do you think?

john3 said:
maybe........there is something wrong with the speakers.........possible?

i was thinkin that could possibly be the answer, but it only happens when I close out of things. its really weird. its like a high pitched 1/2 second long beep.

No, that's your motherboard. If there is an issue with your hardware, your motherboard will beep in a certain sequence or number of beeps. Refer to your motherboard's manual to determine what hardware issue it is, most likely your video card I'd imagine since this ocurred after you installed it. Maybe it's not firmly placed in the PCI-e x16 slot or something?

uhhh ok it comes from your sterio speakers? Taking a wild guess, you have on board sound? Only thing I can think of is its part of something thats left in the buffer and spews out on the very next sound, which might be like a mouse click or button click, thats not listed as close program. Try saving your current sound settings, then turn all the windows sounds off, if it goes away then its just that, no real harm is gonna come from it. If it stays however then you have a different problem.

listening to my own computer it does a similar thing when closing a window, only its just a part of an half played click. Hows your sound otherwise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom