wmp has broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshd

Fully Optimized
when i open it, it just freezes. i cant click anything on it, and have to exit it using the task manager. if i open a music file, it will open wmp and play, but the same problem occurs.

how can i fix this?

BTW, it is WMP 10

WIN XP, SP2

EDIT: reinstalled, didnt work

are your sound drivers installed. I know your thinking that its a stupid thing to tell you, but i fixed somebody's ITunes that way.

Also, does anything freeze with other music players?

yes, drivers are all good.

interesting you should say that. i have another thread knocking around the windows forum about winamp breaking.....

winamp basically just doesnt open on the desktop. the process appears, but nothing else. i assume it is doing the same thing.

HOWEVER, i fail to understand why, if the two are related, WMP worked fine for a week before breaking.

media player classic works, and i have run a scan and have no viri.

another thing is that i cannot transfer music onto my creative zen mp3 player without the transfer app freezing.

so you think all these problems are related?

could be a sound card issue though...

have you tried windows media 9 series? maybe your sound card has issues with WMP10.

why would it start having issues with it, completely out of the blue?

anyway, i did a system restore, but that did not fix it. so undid the restoration, and now it works..... :S

what the 'heck' is going on with my computer???

EDIT: and winamp now works as well.... i am very confused.

Reinstall DirectX? I beleive winamp using the sound API in there. Also, try going into Winamp's directory in program files, and wipe out the Media library info (in the plugins folder). Since your transfer app fails too (does it just transfer, or does it play or rencode?), there might be an issue with your music collection, or at least how those two apps remeber it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom