Jigure

Beta member
I just bought these items from newegg and built the system this morning:

AMD 3800+ X2
2GB DDR400
7600GT PCI-E
250GB SATA2 Western Digital
ASUS A8N-SLi Premium

During windows installation I noticed the partition was only for 130 something GB. I ignored it remembering the old days that bigger HD's still worked just didn't register on CMOS as the full size. I installed windows, installed drivers, (haven't installed SP's yet) and installed Norton Internet Security. For some reason my computer wouldn't boot without my ASUS driver CD in the drive. After I installed Norton and it required a reboot my computer won't boot at all now. Sometimes it locks up on the spash screen even but usually it makes it to the drive boot sequence and when it hits HD's, 5 seconds pass then I get INVALID BOOT DISK. INSERT A VALID BOOT DISK AND PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE.

Anyone have ideas if I did anything wrong? Do I need to update my bios before I do anything else? Is my new HD hosed?

oh I have my old IDE drive in the system and it's taking up the C: drive slot. I have the SATA-M as the primary boot drive though and before I was getting the invalid boot disk message I was getting the "Choose and Operating System to boot to" message and I was choosing the correct one.

I think I may have figured out where I messed up already. When I installed Norton Internet Security it may have installed to my C: drive and since my boot disk is currently a G: drive it may have caused some awkward problems. Going to try reinstalling my OS with Windows 64bit this time and see if the HD's holds up, will update late tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom