GPU Makers

Status
Not open for further replies.
RicoDirenzo said:
I just had to RMA an XFX 7900GT because of initial artifacting and slow frame rate. After awhile that cleared up but it just benched less that my expectations. I swapped it for a BFG 7900GT and that card is a monster! Oc'd with only a 1 degee C increase at load form 56 to 57 degrees C and went from 475/1320 to 550/1600 wihtout a hitch!!!

That could easily have been entirely your fault. I remember that thread, you did absolutely nothing to try to fix the problem. On top of that, that is only the second instance of a problem with an XFX card since October 2005.

Gaara had a Seagate Barracuda fail on him. I don't hear the whole forum crapping on Seagate like they do on XFX...:confused:

yeah seriously, someone with the username that starts with F, and is banned, who shall remain unnamed, told me bout this whole XFX badmouthing thing. Apparently one guy posted that his XFX card is screwed up, then everyone started spreading the word based on 1 person's experience, i hardly find that fair, i mean if you had a person have and AMD not work 1 time, would you stop using it altogether? give XFX some slack, they make some good OCd Cards.

ATI are extremely good at making their own cards too!

john3 said:
yeah seriously, someone with the username that starts with F, and is banned, who shall remain unnamed, told me bout this whole XFX badmouthing thing.

lol i think u kinda gave it away :p. anyone who has been on for a while knows. he had quite the opinions tho

I have the XFX 7800GTX 512 and have had zero problems. It benches well compared to what I see in the reviews and holds it's own quite nicely. As far as hot, I disagree. Mine is running at 45C and has never gone above 55.

And it has a Double Lifetime Warranty.

So until there is a consistant problem with XFX cards, :p

My opinions on GPU manufacturers are not valid enough as i have only bought 2 GPU's ever.

1st was a Hercules 3D Prophet 128MB AGP 7500 series :

That did its job years ago, never had any problems, of course i was a noob back then so i never did anything to it, no OC'n.

And 2nD; i got the Sapphire X1900XT OEM, now thats a cracking card and is doing well with 0 problems, and i havent OCd it yet, but decent card.

cvb724 said:
ATI are extremely good at making their own cards too!

lol i think u kinda gave it away :p. anyone who has been on for a while knows. he had quite the opinions tho

Yes he has opinions, but he also has the proof to back it, i dun understand why someone would get banned from a forum because he was "rude" and "impossible", its a freakin online forum, let him speak.

When it came to me, he willingly helped me when i just arrived at this forum, and my impression was that he was not as bad as you guys say he his.

For those of you mods who dont like me saying this, u can delete this post..............:(

I love how ATI makes their own cards.

I wish Nvidia did too. However since they dont, I strongly reccomed evga. Evga cards are extreme quality and they have an excelent lifetime warranty. I accidently broke my card and they had a new one at my door in a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom