Display Driver Problem-Computer Restarts-Fatal Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComputerNewbie7

Beta member
Windows Display Driver error.

ialmrnts Display Driver error.

The system has recovered from a serious error.

Error Signiture:
BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : BFAC714B BCP3 : EDA7099C
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

System:

Compaq Presario
S5200NX
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Intel Celeron processor 2.7GHz
1024MB DDR RAM Memory
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller 64MB
Direct X Version 9.0 c
Latest Drivers from Intel
Latest Drivers from Compaq
Latest Chipset Drivers
Latest Downloads from Microsoft Update
Latest BIOS update
Microsoft Service Pack 2
New Heat Sink and Processor Fan – (Old one wasn’t working)

Current Situation: In my BIOS the system registers my CPU fan as 0 rpm in red lettering. My average CPU temperature is around 44c/111f. I used to get a hardware error message on restart. I had to tell my BIOS to ignore the CPU fan to not get the hardware error on restart. When I try to play Guild Wars I cannot play longer than around 10 minutes before the computer either does one of two things. It either restarts completely with the screen saying afterwards your computer has recovered from a serious error. OR it shows a screen saying Display Driver Error restart computer to recover and then freezes. I have to hit the power button to restart. I have tried everything from updating every driver I could find or think of to updating the Windows XP and BIOS. IÂ’m at a loss on how to fix this one. Thanks for your help.

I searched for the driver update on both Intel and Compaq. I downloaded the correct driver (the same one) from both sites. I also downloaded all the latest upgrades from Microsoft. I don't know if the fan is spinning slow or not. I do know that it is 1. Brand New 2. Installed Correctly and 3. The Correct Fan for the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom