Double boot with linuxand windows xp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcgl0re1

Baseband Member
Is there going to be a problem loading Mandrake Linux after loading Windows XP already? Windows XP is on a NTSF Partition. I was just woundering if it was going to be able to make a boot file that will work. Keep in mind linux will be on a different hard drive. I saw on massivesoft's site that you should load win98 first then load windows xp because you could have a boot problem otherwise (because XP is on NTSF and win98 is on a fat32 partition, and was wonedring if this would cause a problem with linux??

It is done! I have two versions of windowsxp (one on a NTSF and the other on fat32), and linux on there two. Thanks, even though that tutorial was written for 2000 it worked great with XP! Know I have :
1)Windows XP for regular use
2)Windows XP for games (has a lot of setting tweaked) (diff between the two is the regular uses @120mb of memory, and the tweaked one is using @64mb of memory)
3)Mandrake Linux 9 (I am still a n00b at it but with practice...)

Have a good one.

good luck with Linux, don't worry after a while you'll get the hang of it, and all you'll be using windows for is games. hahah :D

I run Win XP Pro and RedHat 8.0.

I like Linux a lot, but I don't understand all of the commands, I am too corrupted by Windows. So if anyone knows of any good tuts, let me know. I would really like to become "Linux Freindly".

http://www.oreillynet.com/linux/cmd/

I found this one just really quick on google. It's got most of your basic commands that you'd use. If you just go to your favorite search engine and do a search for Linux Commands, it should return a lot of sites that have the commands you'll use :) Have fun.

Hey, thanks. I have seen that before when I fooled with Mandrake 7.1 about a year ago and I forgot about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom