Is this PSU enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Hello all, quick question regarding power supply. I have a nice 550 watt Antec on order but I won't have it till the end of next week. I currently have a 450 watt Rosewill, and I'd like to know if you think this PSU will handle my new 7900GT until the Antec arrives. I'm itching to do some gaming :) System is in the sig, but I'll relist here.

Amd X2 3800
1GB Corsair XMS Ram
250GB WD Sata 2 HDD
Sound Blaster Audigy 2ZS
Lite-on DVDRW
And, the 7900GT :)

I did run a 7800GS with this PSU on my previous P4 3.2e and the same hardware and it seemed fine. It was a friends video card and he let me check it out.

Sorry, I know this is probably a ridiculous question since I'll have a solid PSU in 7 more days, but I'm running this old 5700LE and, well, that's all I'll say =0

Hope to get a thumbs up!

Yes, that is what it says on the Evga site. It just seems from reading alot of posts here that certain PSU's even if they say they have the right wattage may not be up to the task. Not sure where Rosewill stands on their 450watt :/ I guess I could just give it a shot and hope nothing bursts into flame or anything. hehe

(Edit: The 450 Watt PSU was not enough for the 7900GT superclocked. In order to get my PC to boot I needed to disconnect my DVDRW. 7900GT superclocked asks for 450w and a min of 500w for SLI, be sure to just have a decent 500w or better if you plan to run one.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom