Artifacts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cub1971

Baseband Member
Noob alert.

What's an "artifact" with regards to video cards? I read a lot of posts mentioning them, I'm assuming its some type of anomaly in the display?

Cheers
Cub

Static_11 said:
it could also be from overheating i think too...

yep its caused by overheating....you dont have to overclock you card to make it over heat....just make sure you have nice airflow to your card and no dust is clogging the fan (if you have one) :)

Avalanch3 said:
yep its caused by overheating....you dont have to overclock you card to make it over heat....just make sure you have nice airflow to your card and no dust is clogging the fan (if you have one) :)
like these guys say signs of it happening are red,purple,green, and yellow spolatche and of chourse the level caving in...i heard if you de or underclock a card it voids the warrenty i'm
not sure if it is true or not but who really getts the "full" potential" out of it anyway..

Cards can also have artifacts if the manufacture had a bad batch where the cards at stock settings are actually too high and cause artifacting. If that happens you could RMA it or underclock it, but you should RMA it if it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom