first time builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

exo

Solid State Member
building my own computer this year and I would like to know what you guys think/ see any problems in. Its going to be a gaming pc and I have the rest of the components not listed.

I decided not to go sli or dual core due to the benchmarks. I will not be overclocking and i want to keep this thing cool. The motherboard is still up in the air.

samsung dvd-rw

Asus A8N-E

Corsair 2gigs - twinx DDR 400

Athlon 64 Fx 57

7900GTX...since newegg is always out of stock ill find another place.

Antec sonata II case

Im not sure if the case's smartcool system will be too large to fit the 7900GTX in.

Does the stock cooler on the CPU good enough? i was thinking of getting the zalman cnps7000B cpu fan

that was another worry i had if the stock psu would be good enough, to answer your question <$150.

i suggest Ante TruePowerII 550Watt, excellent PSU and like half of ur budget i think. and you wont need more than that.

Just out of curiosity which monitor do you have?

and if you would consider it, go with an X2 4800+, althuogh games use Single core ATM, its still good.

and as for motherboard go with a DFI Lanparty UT Ultra-D, and as for drive go with the NEC 3550A, very good, and great reviews.

i read some people's opinion about the DFI and not exactly newbie friendly. As for the x2 comment i was looking at toms hardware and i think i will switch to the x2. Thanks for the adivce.

What about cooling? i dont want to go water cooling because im still a newbie, do i need to replace the stock cpu fan?

no you dont need any other cooling, if your OCing, which i doubt you are, then you need it.

i have a question, do you no ANYTHING about your current motherboard? why does a motherboard have to be newbie friendly? if your a newb, then you clearly have no business fiddling with it ( bios whise, not building your own computer). I would strongly suggest for the DFI. or if your going with Asus get the A8n SLi Premium, anything else is not so great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom