first build in 3 years.. concerns, help =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
to answer your question you do need two Graphics cards to run sli but that card will run fine by itself

And the cord for the mobo power will should likely reach if not you can always bye an extension

Raid isnt much of an inprovement for the money and it is risky if your storing inportant data

Artic silver is worth the extra $10 or so.......just my opinion

oh and go with the 3800

ya but you hace to buy another hdd of the same type and posibly a raid controller card. plus the risk of data loss

mole1135 said:
ya but you hace to buy another hdd of the same type and posibly a raid controller card. plus the risk of data loss

i don't understand why everyone is so concerned about data loss from raid. yes, if one hd fails then you lose all your data. but if you didn't have raid, and your HD fails, you still lose your data. does anyone understand what i'm saying?

i don't understand why everyone is so concerned about data loss from raid. yes, if one hd fails then you lose all your data. but if you didn't have raid, and your HD fails, you still lose your data. does anyone understand what i'm saying?

while that is entirely true the fact is that a RAID 0 array using 2 disks is twice as likely to fail as a single disk

nitestick said:
while that is entirely true the fact is that a RAID 0 array using 2 disks is twice as likely to fail as a single disk

hmm, i didn't know that. but still, how often are they gonna fail? with my luck though, they prolly would.

infiltrator7 said:

It's like having one HD in RAID 0. Buy a third drive, run two in RAID zero and the other RAID 5. Problem of data loss is solved!:p

RicoDirenzo said:
It's like having one HD in RAID 0. Buy a third drive, run two in RAID zero and the other RAID 5. Problem of data loss is solved!:p

is that like 0+1? a mirror of a stripe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom