Gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

PZEROFGH

Golden Master
Well i thought i would just post here what i am going to buy cause i sold my gaming rig :confused:

Dell XPS M170
XPS M170 Intel® Pentium® M Processor 760 (2 GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)
Operating System (Office software not included) Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
LCD Panel 17 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLife™
Memory 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz 2 Dimm
Video Card 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7800 GTX
Hard Drive 60GB 7200rpm Hard Drive

Total 1550

Now if i get rid of the stupid carrying case they put in it would be ~1500 :)

I have the same exact specs but got rid of the bag, and microsoft office it comes out to be 1574 only change is 2GB's but im thinking 225 dollars for 2GB's when i can buy my own for 200 and install it myself :\ . It comes out to be 1350 with 1GB of ram so i was thinking of buying the extra battery, audigy 2zs card, or upgrade the hdd or processor :O

I've heard that someone attempted ordering a Dell laptop with that video card and Dell said they were having shortage issues and that they were going to be discontinued or something wierd like that.

Also, I'd go for the Core Duo if you can ...

W-T-F, i just noticed that i can check off the microsoft office for an extra 150 dollars off :D lol

How long did you plan on the battery lasting again?

Sorry, but I really see gaming laptops being pointless. The battery life is not really long enough to enjoy the game, you need to have wireless internet creating higher ping and you are paying more for less.

(added the tech forums server to Xfire, hope to see people on there.)

The reason im buying a laptop is for portability so i can bring my computer to my friends house etc. and just so its not so big i hate having dual monitors and its taking up the whole desk space :). So its not like i travel a lot, but im going to be mainly having it plugged in to an outlet, and i might buy an adapter so i can play on those long plane trips :|

Trifid said:
How long did you plan on the battery lasting again?

Sorry, but I really see gaming laptops being pointless. The battery life is not really long enough to enjoy the game, you need to have wireless internet creating higher ping and you are paying more for less.

(added the tech forums server to Xfire, hope to see people on there.)

Easy remedy: Take the battery out and use AC adapter (what we do with my wife's notebook). You do not NEED wireless. The laptop will have an ethernet card. Wireless is nice but not needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom