Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aeon Craft

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a real real extreme bass lover.... i wouldnt even stand around a song that has no bass.. NOT KIDDING...

So in a way im an audiophile, or what ever u call it
(that means im picky about sound, incase u didnt already know :))

And i think the bass on these two systems are not even comparable..

And with that extra wattage (1000watts peak voltege)
I could turn up the bass to rediculous strength

prolly spend half of my time on the computer listening to music while i browse the web. So i would enjoy having good audio

And since my mother (yeah im young) comes home very late and i live with no neighbors around me, i can really pump the volume up.

And getting a good sound card just insures that my speakers get the boom and bang they deserve

I know that most TRUE gamers out there are only looking for performance.... i am not THAT picky on my system. As long as i can play a CSS with low settings above 30fps, im happy (thats what i use to have).

----good speech below---- :)
I would really like to take time to thank anyone who has given me help.. i really have learned a lot on this forum about custom building.
I didnt even know what a graphics card was till i started coming here (im not kidding) and im not even in high school yet, so u would expect that at first.

I cant believe how much i have learned from u guys, really

Once again
Thanks ;)

Timaphillips said:
I use on-board sound (realtek HD) but my speakers are the 2.1 Bose system. I haven't used a sound card before besides what ships with the computer so I am a little unclear on actual differences since it can't be measured objectively unless you physically HEAR the difference in person. Upgrade speakers first.

Well... onboard audio is fine for 2.1 setups but for 5.1, it doesnt sound to well

And onboard has a very low volume level.. + it takes up cpu usage

On games i think its only about a couple fps effect, but hey... my cpu needs every break it can get.... cmon its almost 3 yrs old... + its Intel

The big difference between X-Fi cards and other cards is that the X-Fi cards support EAX 5.0 and can generate 64 sounds simultaneously. It also has other good features but those 2 are the highlights of the cards. A friend of mine has an X-Fi card and with his sound system BF2 sounds amazing.

I plan on getting an X-Fi Xtreme Music and either a 17inch LCD or a good CRT for my birthday this summer.

IF you are going for bass, consider this: the z5300e's sub is 100watts, and the z5500 is 188watts. I think there would be some kind of difference.

Beefcake said:
The big difference between X-Fi cards and other cards is that the X-Fi cards support EAX 5.0 and can generate 64 sounds simultaneously. It also has other good features but those 2 are the highlights of the cards. A friend of mine has an X-Fi card and with his sound system BF2 sounds amazing.

I plan on getting an X-Fi Xtreme Music and either a 17inch LCD or a good CRT for my birthday this summer.

I thought that EAX 5.0 was 128sounds and EAX 4.0 was 64sounds

Dante_Caligari said:
IF you are going for bass, consider this: the z5300e's sub is 100watts, and the z5500 is 188watts. I think there would be some kind of difference.

Yeah, that is true
I noticed that too, but i dont think i would ever use that much volume.

When i am certain how much money im gettin friday i will be certain on which sound system im gettin, but i am definatly getin X-Fi, even without good speakers.

I have heard to many good things about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom