How many intake fans per exhaust fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneArmedScissor

In Runtime
I was wondering how many intake fans per exhaust fans would make a system run at optimal air cooling? On a mid-size tower.

Or maybe alittle more accurate... how much CFM intake per CFM outake/exhaust?

I've got (2) Aerocool 120mm Turbines ONe intake, one exhaust... I won't consider using anymore fans in my rig. As it is it sounds like it's ready for take off... Also the x1900xtx is loud during load and the zalman 9500led is prety loud too. (4) loud fans at load... pfff...

"Air traffic control... you are cleared for take off.."

My overclocked CPU is the same temp as my ambient case temp at idle.. so the fans are doing their job.

Bah, dont complain. I have 9 fans one of which is a delta at about 55db on full whack.
If your PC needs take of clearance then mine needs a launch countdown :)

ive got the xionII case with 2 80mm antek fans in the front(Intake) 1 120mm fan in the back and 1 80mm in the window(exhaust)

i got 7 case fans....5x120mm(1 panaflo=main exhaust, 1=GPU, 1=PCMIC area, 2=front intake), 2x80mm(top and back). its loud. really loud.
but keeps my comp cool...

pfff you guys think 2 case fans are loud

I got 1 120mm intake in the back, 1 80mm intake on the side, 1 blowhole 80mm, 2 exahust 80mm, 1 exahust 80mm in my drivebay, 1 80mm blowing air on my GPU, and a vantec tornado somewhere on the bottom of my case keeping my GPU, mobo, and chipset especially at a cool temp of 30C, usually its at 40-50 without the fan there, my video card is blocking that little fan off :mad:

then i have 2 80mm in my psu :|

But then again, i have a fan controller for my case fans, CPU fan controller, and a PSU fan controller :confused: consider myself lucky

but as of now, my X-530's block the fan noise from my computer as these speakers rock :cool:

Oh yeah the vantec tornado on full blast makes these really really high pitch noise, but my CPU heatsink at 5000rpm makes these deep low hum :\

ive got 1 on the top 3 in the back and 2 in the front and 1 on the side, and aits fine, im actually about to drill more holes and start tearing it up and making a 140mm fan hole on the side panel and a turbine blower on the side like a stacker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom