Sound Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumblebee Tuna

In Runtime
When I'm playing certain games; Battlefield 2 & Half-Life 2, there comes a point where the sound starts repeating itself, like a scratch on a record. This crashes my half-life 2 game, but Battlefield manages to continue. I thought it was my sound card, (cause it's onboard), so I replaced it with a Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card. I've updated all the drivers, but it's still crashing. My specs are:

Win XP x64
NVidia 6600 GT
Audigy 2 ZS Sound Card
Socket 939 Motherboard.
AMD 64 3200+

Thanks

Try an External USB Soundcard, they are away from the Motherboard, cables etc, you get good sound from these, I had onboard sound problems, so I got an older Creative 24 bit Live External USB Soundcard, this baby solved it.

I don't think it's the sound card. Anytime your game crash, there will be repeated sound, usually the computer might be overheating, some hardware might have caused it to crash maybe your RAM,CPU or vid card, also if you changed any setting that might boost the performance of your system in BIOS, overclocking hardware components.

My computer used to do this when I played COD2. Same effect as you describe, the sound keeps repeating, the screen could turn blue, black or scatter color, it didn't matter the game just crashed. Fix the problem in BIOS, had to set the RAM command rate to 2T. It was at 1T for speed that was cause it to crash games. Just a thought from my experience, your problem can be anything thing beside the sound card.

How do you set the RAM command? I usually just leave the defaults in the BIOS. I don't think it's overheating though, it always crashes in the same spots. My video drivers are up to date as well.

Not sure, since every BIOS is different. Just to let you know, I was just using my example to try and explain something. It might not be your RAM that's causing the problem, just to let you know that too. But if you want, you could try checking around in BIOS setting to see if you can change it. My ram setting in BIOS is located in the advanced chipset features, yours' might or might not have it.

Also check any other setting that you might think can affect your system performance, you should also refer to your MB documentation or BIOS documentation for detail about the features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom