Thinking about switching computers. Dell to Mac. I need opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

katicotrophic

Beta member
Ok, I really don't know much about computers at all.
But, right now I have a dell inspiron 1000 notebook. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.
So I'm thinking about buying a new computer, and based on what I've read about the Mac iBook G4 -- it sounds like it would be a good choice to purchase.

I was hoping those of you that know stuff about both Dell and Mac could help me come to a decision.
I need to compare and contrast both of them -- are mac computers usually fast? Do they run on a good system?
Anything you know about either company/computer, please share with me.

Thank you!

Oh, no.
I understand.
And I've already read things about both products.

But, I was hoping I could get some opinions on which is better.

But, thank you for those links.
I never would have found a website actually comparing the two, otherwise.
I guess I'm not too good at wording my google searches.

It will all depend on what you are going to be doing on a day to day basis. MAC's are great for video/music/photo modifications.

PC's are for pretty much everything else. I know that the true MAC fans will probably disagree with me.

Data crunching, word processing, gaming and it still is able to handle the video, music and photo editing, but just not as well as the MAC.

I do really like Mac laptops, but I am really not a laptop fan, or a fan of the mac mini's that they have at the school for music.

For a general use laptop though I would go for the mac, due to its good battery life.

bradybnmci said:
I know that the true MAC fans will probably disagree with me.
Right on

Macs are not just for media editing. They are just as good as a windows PC for pretty much everything else except gaming. Good choice, going for a mac. :cool:

Hmmm Dell or Mac... sort of like a gallows or fireing squad sort of question :)

Personally i'd keep my dignity and get neither.

try and get a Mac that has an intel chipset, because Microsoft and Mac are making a Windows OS for macs, but they only operate on Intel Chipsets.

john3 said:
try and get a Mac that has an intel chipset, because Microsoft and Mac are making a Windows OS for macs, but they only operate on Intel Chipsets.
OK, for one, I'd like to point out two things:
1. What's the point of getting a Mac if you're just gonna use a crappy, run of the mill, get it anywhere operating system? The Mac OS is what makes the Mac the Mac!
2. Microsoft and Apple are NOT making a Windows for Macs; you have to have the copy of Windows, device drivers, and no support is provided past support for Boot Camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom