Dual 7900GT or 7900GTX ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not really big on psu's myself.. i'll pretty much take anything that has a high amps on the rails.. and says "sli certified" .. .but don't take my word

i say the single gtx
i would personly go dual only if you volt modded it and put new cooling on,because a sningle gt voltmodded can get 6000+ on 3dmark 06 now in dual you get over 11000+ much more that a gtx

Dual gts will beat a single GTX hands down. If they are roughly the same price go with the dual gtxs. A lot of people here don't seem to be looking at the benchmarks, sure SLI isnt a 2x performace boost. However if the two cost about as much as one GTX it will beat it since a GTX is nowhere near 2x as fast as a GT.

Also since yiou have a large monitor you will probably be using higher resolutions, which is where SLI really shines.

ANything 500watts and above will do.I use a 550watt with 7800GTX N'SLi and it has never shut down on me.A single 7900GTX would be good enough.Iam using a single 7900GTx in the rig in my sig and it does well with a 21" Widescreen.I have another 7900GTX just waiting tell I get my second monitor.Just got done building it yesterday and ran out of time.

FSP PS.

Fortron Source 700W

I've been reading about this company and for 170$ and a 700W PS that gets >80% Effeciency, this is a great deal. 700 May be overkill but look at it like a condom. It's better to have it and not need it, rather than to need it and not have it..

Wow, thank you guys for so many replies. Still some ppl think one is better than the other. But i decided that I'll just go witrh Dual GTs and 600 OCZ powerstream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom