many big problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mogold

Beta member
hello everyone
i have an athlon xp 1800+ with 512mbddr ram, a geforce 3ti 200 graphics card, 350watt power supply, 80 gig hard drive and a MSI MS-6390motherboard. i am running windows xp pro.

ever since i had the PC around 4 years ago i have been experiencing various problems,
my PC restarts randomly somtimes and when it starts again it says "the computer has recovered from a serious error"
also when i switch my PC on it keeps on restarting (on the dos screen when it first switches on), it does this about 10 times then finally the windows XP loading screen comes up and it loads.
also i have problems when playing games or after long use of the pc the computer restarts or critical errors occur.
and also most annoyingly the computer makes loud squeecky noises everytime somthing is loading up, this noise also comes out of the headphones / speakers so its annoying when watching movies etc, i thought this wasthe hardrives problem because the sound happens everytime the orange light comes on on the PC (when the hard drive is working) so i purchased a new one 2 weeks ago but the same problem still occurs.
i then noticed the sound comes out from the power supply, so i purchased a new one and the problem is still there.
i would have also thought a new PSU and a new HDD will fix the other problems but obviously not.
I dont think its a RAM problem because I have new Crucial RAM inside, and also i think my graphic card is functioning well.
please help me this problem has been bugging me for years.
thanks

also how do i make my ram run in dual channel mode? this might fix the problem?

thanks for the replies
i can see that people are recomeending motherboards, do you think that an ASrock motherboard or ECS ones from eBay are good?
or are they rubbish and thats why they are so cheap. its just that i dont want to spend any more money uselessly like i did on a HDD and a PSU.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom