550W, 650W or 750W ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentali$T said:
lol we could talk about this for ages im just saying that 580W is going to best for him because cards coming out in the future like directX10 cards will need more power so thats why.

And how do you know that? If you hadn't noticed cards are using less power then their predecessors (with an exception to the X1900s). The 7900s use less power the 7800s because they use 90nm sized die vs. 110nm. You need at least 22 amps to run a 7900 GTX (7800 GTX required 26 amps).

http://www.guru3d.com/article/content/325/3/

They said that 350W would be minimum to run the thing, but said anything over 420W would be fine.

500W> Is more then enough to power a single card system.

SWCheetah said:
Will it come with all the cables I need if I choose the Hiper one?

Yeah it comes with everything you need plus a load of sata cables and things.

Ok beefcake they may well do but they are all directx 9 cards so they have made them use less power. directx10 cards MIGHT use more power i dont know (nor does anyone here)

For crossfire you need a Crossfire edition card and then any other card compatible with crossfire. It is cheaper than SLi cos u can use 2 diferent cards. Crossfire edition cards are usually slightly more expensive than the standard card. This has all you need to know about crossfire:

http://www.ati.com/technology/crossfire/faq.html

the silverstone PSU has quad 12V rails. I don't really like it when they split the 12V into multiple rails. IMO it's best if you have one strong 12V rail

*edit*
crossfire can be a bit of a hassle though, you have to get a master and slave card. with SLI, it's either compatible or it isn't. it's easy that way.

Okay, so the Hiper 580W or the Silverstone 650W? I don't know which one to choose... :S

Like I said, if the Silverstone one has a higher output, why are they the same price? Is the Hiper one better some way or am I just paying extra for the novelty of having a modular PSU?

And will the Hiper one have enough outputs to power my graphics card, motherboard, fans, drives, &c..? I'll have three or four drives (one SATA), five fans (six including the CPU one), the motherboard and graphics card. Will the Hiper PSU have enough outputs for all of them (I know half of the fans will plug into the motherboard anyway)..?

apokalipse said:

*edit*
crossfire can be a bit of a hassle though, you have to get a master and slave card. with SLI, it's either compatible or it isn't. it's easy that way.

Not really because you can pick up 2 cards at different times. they can have different clock speeds and sli you have to buy both at the same time so u dont get different cards which makes it more expensive.

The hiper will have enough outputs it has 12 outputs. this doesnt mean you can only have 12 things connected to each other because you use the 4 pin connectors to add more.

You're right, this Hiper one looks really good.
I've made up my mind, I'll go for that one, if you guys think it'll stand even when I've OCd my GPU/CPU. Is that right?

But yeah, the Hiper one seems adequate, plus it looks cool and comes with that handy toolbox! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom