550W, 650W or 750W ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my graphics card from scorptec, it was the best deal I could find... Maybe I was mistaken? Oh well...

The Hiper PSU is for sale at www.nintek.com.au, I've seen it, but is 580W really enough?

I feel as though I should really go for a 650W PSU but I'm really unsure. PSUs are probably the computer part that I know the least about... :S

[color=008800]fixed URL (had the comma in it)[/color]

I think it will be enough. You havent got 2 cards running together so it will be fine. If you will be using crossfire then maybe go for a 650W. My mate has the Hiper 580W aswell as me and he uses crossfire, he says its very stable. This is also a good make of PSU so it wont die on you.

SWCheetah said:
I got my graphics card from scorptec, it was the best deal I could find... Maybe I was mistaken? Oh well...

The Hiper PSU is for sale at www.nintek.com.au, I've seen it, but is 580W really enough?

I feel as though I should really go for a 650W PSU but I'm really unsure. PSUs are probably the computer part that I know the least about... :S

[color=008800]fixed URL (had the comma in it)[/color]
$189, lower than I thought, but still kinda high...

anyway, you'll have more than enough power with 580W. it will even run fine on 500W.
I'd probabbly say get something like 550W though, or close to it. that will give you some headroom.

apokalipse said:
I'd probabbly say get something like 550W though, or close to it. that will give you some headroom.

But 580 is better so if you do get another card you have the extra 30W.

lol we could talk about this for ages im just saying that 580W is going to best for him because cards coming out in the future like directX10 cards will need more power so thats why.

Well, since the Silverstone 650W PSU is in stock there (Nintek already has an order from me, see, but I could probably still get the PSU elsewhere), and it's two bucks less than that Hiper one, maybe I'll just go for that. Or is that a bad idea? I figured I go high, just to be absolutely sure, but why is it cheaper than that Hiper one..?

By the way, 'modular' PSU means that the cables and stuff are interchangeable, right? How exactly will that work? Will it come with all the cables I need if I choose the Hiper one?

Edit:
Eeek, I wish I'd know about this StaticIce earlier... Found out that I paid 100 AUD more than I should have for my graphics card... Oh well, I'll live... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom