Targus Notebook Pad

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4A1

Daemon Poster
I have a Targus Notebook Pad and whenever my laptop boots up, lets say for the first few minutes, it makes his horrid noise. The fans are still spinning (2 of them).

Once it boots up, it makes a very loud noise while it spins, but the it eventually tones down after the first few minutes. This problem just recently developed, didn't happen when I first used the product after I purchased it.

Throw it on a hard surface as hard as you can. Then jump on it once and only once. That should fix the noise.

Good call. BTW, did you know you have to be 18 to purchase WD450 from Wal-mart. (I can buy it, but I didn't know that fun fact!)

Yeah, but how much would that cost? See, like right now it's running smooth with barely any noise (just the slight noise of the fan which isn't a problem). I don't know.

I haven't tried. I'll try them later tonight, I have to go search for the can in my garage somewhere :p

DONT just up and squirt wd40 in those fans... your likley to short out the motor controller in them, that or get it on some other part of your computer. you really need to take them out and clean the daylights out of them with a cloth, and possible remove the sticker on the back, use some hogring pliers to remove the u-clip and pull the fan/magnet assembly off of the armature and clean the shaft, then lube that with plastic grease, and put it all back together again. It takes a little time but it will work to a certain extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom