x2 3800+ overclocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
i did some more testing at 2.6ghz. :( looks like i have hit my ceiling on stock cooling. i'm getting errors that i assume can be attributed to heat. it isnt overheating as such but you know the whole decreasing TCase temps with overclocks thing.

edit: 2.6ghz is not stable. 2.55ghz seems pretty stable and 2.5ghz@1.4v is rock solid

sorry for the constant bumps but after a long argument (which i won) the Big Typhoon is finally installed. i have 2 things to say about this beast. 1) man it really is f*****g huge and 2) this is one nice cooler the AS5 would not have even had time to set yet and i've only had the typhoon in for a couple of hours and the cpu doesn't even nudge over 40 degrees at 2.5ghz (running prime95 of course), at least not that i've seen yet.

nitestick said:
well, this saturday is my birthday and start of next week i should be able to buy myself the HDTV tuner card i've been wanting for a while and a TT Big Typhoon. i'm thinking i should be able to hit slightly higher clock speeds going from stock cooling without AS5 to a Big Typhoon with AS5 :)

sorry to get off topic, but which tuner card did you get? i'm considering buying one and have a few questions.

i've got my ram to hit DDR500@2-3-3-5. i could make it at 2-2-2-5 but as it is it was starting to overheat at 2-3-3-5 and 2-2-2-5 requires even more voltage. at 2-2-2-5 it passed the first pass in memtest then failed the second and the ram was so hot it wouldn't pass memtest at any speed until i let it cool for like 20 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom