Quick help please, just offerd this comp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki9090

In Runtime
hey all, my dad was just offerd these 2 computers for ruffly the same price (canadian) just tell me which one is better so my dad can see the truth for christ sake. This computer is going to be used for Counter strike source, Age of EMpires 3, and hopefully if it will run battle feild 2. (maybe WoW)

k heres number 1:

Intel Pentium 4. 3.0 GHZ
Kingston 512mb ddr400 ram
Asus P5VD 1/x mobo
80 Gb SATA
16x DVD Writer
Nvidia 6200 PCI Express 128mb Video CArd
19 inch CTR monitor
That costs 800 bucks

Now number 2:
Intel Pentium 4 Proccessor
1 GB DDR2 550 OCZ Ram
Asus P5PLD2 Duel Core abled Mobo (for future expansion)
250 GB Hard Drive
NX6600 LE GRaphics card (nvidia 6600) 256 Ram
19 inch Monitor
950 dollars

Now which is better? My dad wont let me buy one and only will get one of these two, which one is better for now and future upgrades? And will the second one play the games i mentioned (counter Strike, Age of empires 3, Battle Feild 2, and WoW?)

Thanks alot guys.

oh sorry its a pentium 4 3.0ghz on number 2, is that pc like a good start if i want to upgrade later?

I hear people talking about Nforce 4, what exactly is that?

what things on number 2 should i think about changing down the line?

And will number 2 be able to play games on it (the ones i mentioned)

it will play games, maybe not as fast as some comparible AMD systems, but still reasonably well. You have to keep in mind that Intel does have a good couple of years ahead of them while intel gets their head out of their @$$ and figures out what their doing.

Nforce 4 is a chipset, which is basically the motherboard's computer. It tells the motherboard how to work and such.

On number two, there are three main things (well basically on every computer) that are upgradable and that pay off a lot when upgrading. The first is the Graphics Card. I could see this being your major bottleneck, a 6600 is getting to be "old" in terms of performance cards, and would greatly effect your game play. Second, would be the processor. Once this gets REALLY old, you will want to upgrade it, but usually the processor is fast enough to hold over any hard drive. The hard drive is the third thing to consider when upgrading. The difference between a 5400 rpm and a 7200 is INSANE! Similar, is the difference between a 7200 rpm and a 10,000 rpm. with a 10k hdd, you will see a very large gain in performance as well

hope this helps

That 2nd pc is much better, more ram, bigger HD, better gfx card, etc. It should be worth the extra 150. But that gfx card isn't going to last you long, along with your CPU for gaming.

slick_tech15 said:
That 2nd pc is much better, more ram, bigger HD, better gfx card, etc. It should be worth the extra 150. But that gfx card isn't going to last you long, along with your CPU for gaming.

What CPU do you reccomend i replace mine with? Should my next CPU take advantage of the Duel Core offerd by my mother board (does that make a diffrence in gaming). Its gonna be kind of hard for me to switch to AMD from here cause i would basically have to buy a new computer right? Any ways any help appreciated thanks.

Avalanch3 said:
i would choose number 2 pc

but upgrade the graphics card when you get it :)

Ya i plan on hitting it with a 6800gt soon after, what about CPU wise, some one commented on it, what should i change it to? Duel Core?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom