Dual 7900GT or 7900GTX ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sumik said:
AA ? what is that ?

AntiAliasing (cant spell :eek: )

go with the 7900GTX or the 1900XTX....personally i would wait just that little bit longer and get the G80...as its a whole new technology with DX10

go with the 7900GTX or the 1900XTX....personally i would wait just that little bit longer and get the G80...as its a whole new technology with DX10 [/B]

But if we always waited for the next best, we'd never buy anything. Especially when we are waiting and trying to afford such pricey cards.

Timaphillips said:
But if we always waited for the next best, we'd never buy anything. Especially when we are waiting and trying to afford such pricey cards.

not really...i mean look at DX9 cards...they have been around for a while...now if you wait just a little bit longer you will get the DX10 range of cards and it will last you a bit longer ;)

The X1900XTX and 7900 GTX haven't been out long at all. G80 isn't due out until Fall, maybe. I do agree with you though in that it's a VERY fine balance as to what you buy and when according to price point and new technology. Graphics cards are pretty much on a 6 month cycle as it is.

i'd buy a 7900gtx becuase it should be decent for what you need now. i say this because then later on when prices drop you'll be able to sli 7900gtxs.

Timaphillips said:
Need I refer you to this: http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79791

NOT worth the money for the gains you get at all. Why pay twice the money if you're not getting twice the FPS?

he said if you get SLI 7900gts its the same price as the 7900gtx he wanted. hmm i said youd get more performance out of sli 7900gts for the same price. common sense lets see, why notget the sli? its the same price, why would you buy somthing thats less performance for the high resolution he wanted to display at? idk maybe you would, but not me. "NOT worth the money for the gains you get at all" its worth the money when the two things he is conflicting about is the same price. its still performce who cares if its not a practical boost but its still a boost, if its only 5-6 fps difference thats still 5-6 fps more. (not accurate fps increase)

if youve got the money to go sli, then do it.

Well my original question was maybe a little misunderstood. I wanted to know what would b faster, better, whatever. Cuz either of those will cost me the same, whether it's 2 GTs or 1 GTX. The thought of getting GTX and upgrading for SLI in the future is slim I guess, unless GTXs will drop to like $300 in less than a year, then I'll get another one. If they'll b around $450 then I guess I'll just upgrade to whatever will b on the top at that time.

2 GT's will definetely be faster for those higher resolutions. Im not sure about smaller resolutions though.

i say you get 2 gt's they'll out do the single 7900gtx.... and you'll get to play on those super high resolutions.. and sli is getting huge jumps now, so i wouldnt say it isnt true anymore.. sure its not double, but its getting dang close on higher resolutions.. dual gt's all the way

K, now one last question. if i'd go with SLI GT what powersupply would I need ? would 520 b enough or should I go with 600 ?

Cuz I was looking at OCZ PowerStream series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom