Fan RPM's high?

Status
Not open for further replies.
but it would still be best to take the heatsink out of the computer to use even the paint brush ?? so you dont get all the dust in your computer

Avalanch3 said:
but it would still be best to take the heatsink out of the computer to use even the paint brush ?? so you dont get all the dust in your computer

Most people clean their comp's atleast once a month,Taking out the heatsink every time would be a huge pain in the arse,You would go thru thermal paste like crazy,And if your using AS5 that's just a waste of money ;) All i did was brush it then blow in there like crazy or use a hair dryer,That way you never have to take out the heatsink and apply more crap :D

Avalanch3 said:
hairdryer...never thought of that one haha :p

Oh god, lol

Yeah I usually clean it whenever it comes to mind. I only take off the heatsink if I really have to though. Regardless, wasn't much dust in it at all actually.

Alright, don't mean to bring up a dead thread but it seems to be doing it again, but EVERY time I turn on my PC now. I was kinda scrrd (that alarm is intimidating), but finally I just let it start all the way up (you could tell when the fan stopped revving the alarm stopped too). I was trying to figure out which fan is the one causing all the trouble, and the only thing I noticed, was on the one of the crappy casefans I have, there's a Blue LED (didn't even know :p) and it was like flickering on. Never seen it before, and they werent sparks cause the light is on now.

Should I just start switching fans out? Should I just take that fan out completely? Do case fans even have sensors in them that report to the mobo?

I'm completely baffled because my system isnt overheating at ALL (32C in the case and Athlon XP 3200+ running at 45C with Xfire, a bunch of Firefox tabs, and Winamp).

On my Abit EQ, the "NB" Fan shows 5160rpm, which seems a BIT high. But I don't know.

Oh yeah, and I removed all dust, hairs, ANYTHING that was in ANY of the fans, today I'll pick up another air can and REALLY blow that stuff away.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom