PC Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nugwin

Solid State Member
Hey guys, Im new here, looking for help.

http://ducain.org/hihforum/showthread.php?t=2964

Just take a look over whats been posted and the parts I picked out. Its probably all wrong and uncompatible and stuff. So with Gaming,Video/Picture Editting,and the other basic needs, and with a 200-800 dollar budget at hand, which parts do you guys sugest? Im building this from scratch, and yes I do want the ATI TV Wonder Pro in there. Thanks.

K everything looks ok, except for the optical drive, and whats your ram? i suggest G.Skill, Corsair, Crucial, or OCZ, those are great. motherboard, go with DFI Lanparty UT Ultra-D. As for Tv tuner, get a Hauppauge PVR 150, its better, and i think its cheaper. For processor go with the 3700 instead of the 3200, but if you have the money go with the AMD X2 3800+. the Video card is alright, but i'd also consider t he x850 radeon i think.

Im going to look at those parts you guys suggested, and the parts people suggested at the other forums. Ill post here what my setup would be so far. Also, question: Is 2 gigs of ram really nessaccary? If it isnt, i can save like 100 bucks. Thanks.

don't get 64bit windows, you'll have a lot of compatibility issues.. its not well supported yet.. and as far as i know microsoft hasn't released a retail version yet.. which means they're not read to start helping ppl out w/ it yet..

edit: also.. if you don't have much money.. you don't need a soundcard.. its integrated on your motherboard. there's also no need for the network card since thats also integrated on your mobo. you could also just use the stock heatsinkfan for now, and later on when you want to overclock or w/e then you can replace it for a better one.

also consider buying your parts from newegg..

Yea I was thinking not to buy 64 bit windows because then I could use that 130 bucks or so for other hardware.

yes you can save money from your network/sound card, and the 64bit windows, and stick with th 2 gigs of ram, you can never have enough.

Do you guys have suggestions on powersupplies that are cheap yet good? and possibly post a link? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom