7900Gt SLI Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
How similar do 7900GT's need to be in order to run in SLI: For example; will a BFG 7900GT and Asus 7900GT run in SLI if there core and memory clocks are slightly different? Or do they need to be the exact same model and manufacturer?

i doubt it, you need exact same cards, with same clocks i tink, if you can afford the 7900 GT SLi get the x1900XTX or the 7900 GTX. dun waste money on SLi

The fact is that BFG (which I have) 7900gt's oc to nearly the same core and memory speeds (550/1600) as the GTX and in SLI, blow both single cards completely out of the water and for the exact same price!!! 2 BFG 7900gt's = $650. Regardless of what people say here on this forum, SLI provides a profound performance increase with 7900GT (G71) GPU's!!

im getting two evga 7900gtx and running them in sli. i hope. when they come in stock. i expect around 13000 in 3dmark 05.

i think it is worth the money if you are benchmarking but if you are just gaming then there is no reason.

This is y i prefer crossfire to sli cos u can use to completely different cards that are compatible. and as far as quad sli goes thats just pointless atleast for another 2 years.

No, they will not be able to run in SLI together.
Lord AnthraX said:
why do people run 3Dmark 05 when theres 3Dmark 06....?
Lol probably because we score higher in 05 and 06 makes our computer look like crap.

3D mark 06 puts my computer to shame....I'm so close to getting an x1900 xtx I can taste it...well, not really. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom