video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuke

Daemon Poster
does any one know what kind of video card do i have? it is written asus 8170 DDR/64m, and i need a driver for it.
thanks
some of the barcodes are written k4d263238/ QC50

does anyone know any audio driver and raid for a7v333 asus motherboard. i went to asus website, but it didn't have it.

Open an MS-DOS prompt. In Windows 95/98 and Windows NT 4.0 [Click] Start, then Programs, then [Click] either MS-DOS Prompt or Command Prompt. In Windows 3.x or Windows NT versions before 4.0 [Double Click] Main group and [Double Click] the MS-DOS icon.
In the MS-DOS window that opens, type: Debug press the [Enter] key.
A dash should appear on your screen followed by a flashing cursor. Type: D C000:0010 and press the [Enter] key.
A screen of hexadecimal numbers will appear with the ASCII translation on the far right edge of the screen. The information will include the identifier for your video card.
Type: Q and press the [Enter] key to exit the debug program.
Type: Exit and press the [Enter] key to return to the Operating System.

what are you talking about shawn. thanks for responding, but I want the video driver for asus 8170 DDR/64m, and i need a driver for it.
thanks
some of the barcodes are written k4d263238/ QC50. and the a7v333 audio driver.
i have windows 2000 by the way.

ASUS homepage pulled up nothing for "ASUS 8170"....

Go to START > RUN, type in 'DXDIAG' and under the DISPLAY tab, it should give a more detailed name of the video device. Can you provide us with that?

it gave me random numbers and on the right side is written "DEO.... IB
M VGA COMPATIBLE ...............................................................
Y.C.......................
PMIDJ.M.................
.............7NV

thanks for the reply Ethereal_Dragon. when i run it, I go to display, it just said VGA that's all. in the system, it doesn't say about video card.

Do you have a video card, or is the video integrated onto the motherboard? If it is integrated onto the motherboard, check the makers (you mentioned ASUS earlier) website, and they should have drivers there... Did you get a disc with the card or motherboard?

ok, just found this....

http://active-hardware.com/english/reviews/mainboard/a7v333-3.htm

Now I see why people don't like ASUS... from their webpage, they don't appear to support their older products... AT ALL... unless you have to do alot of digging, but that is a pain......

anyways... looks like there is no onboard video... you have an AGP card slot. Can you open up the PC and try to identify the make & model of that card? The AGP slot is the brown one. almost in the middle of the board.... it doesn't look like ASUS makes video cards....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom