20" LCD monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys really don't seem to know anything about what makes an LCD good. Response time is NOT everything, and 9 times out of 10, it is heavily exaggerated, not only that, but most of the time they don't even tell you if they are measuring gray to gray, white to black and black to white, only the rise time, only the fall time, or any combination of those. Also, any LCD with a response time rated under 6ms will generally be a 6-bit TN panel, in layman's tems, a peice of sh!t. Most of the time higher rated response LCDs also use 6-bit TN panels. The only type of LCD you should consider are those that use an IPS, S-IPS, P-MVA, S-PVA, S-MVA or AS-IPS panel. FYI, a 6-bit panel can only display 262,144 colors, while an 8-bit panel can display 16,777,216 colors.

actually.. 6 bit show 16.2 million colours, while 8 bit show 16.7 million colours - shows natural skin tones better.. etc..

the lcd will be better than your crt because a 20 inch lcd, thats the viewable area, but for CRTs, they use the whole thing, and the viewable area is smaller. looks like 003 is about to cry so just buy the monitor he suggested.

a 20 inch non-widescreen LCD will probably be close the same viewable as your 22" CRT. image probably will not be as "good" tho...**** near impossible for LCDs to compete with a decent CRT in that area. as far as response times go...all i can say is make sure you keep your receipt, manufacturer's throw out all kinds of response times. i bought one that was "supposedly" 4ms response, but it was a ghosting p.o.s. i sent it back and got a 24" w/ 12ms response time and i dont see any ghosting whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom