USB 2.0 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

H4x3r

AKA ComatoseClown
Hey guys, my uncle has a homebuilt computer with an ECS Elite Group motherboard...and it says it's usb 2.0..but when we plug in any usb 2.0 CF card reader..it will work fine for about 1/2 hour..then the USB function will stop working completely until we restart the computer...could a bios flash upgrade help this problem? or does it sound like a faulty motherboard...also..we have reinstalled the OS multiple times to no avail..thanks for the help...i owe yall one

whats the os exactly? and what about service pack?

its possible a bios update will fix it but before you go for it try 2 things
1) get the latest service pack for that os ,if it aint alredy installed
2) get the latest chipset driver

if those 2 didnt help then go for the bios updating , but be extra careful
get it from the manufacturer site and not from a 3rd party site also get it for that exact mobo and revision (ecs tend to do several revisions of nearly each of their mobos) to find out the mobo model & revision i suggest youll use everest or have a good look on the mobo itself , also read the updating instructions , anyway usally you can update it in two ways from windows or from a bootable floppy its better to do it the 2nd way as its safer and i suggest youll use this bootdisk its specially designed for bios updating
, if he dont have a floppy drive or floppy disks i can make a bootable iso that will automatically start updating after booting , of course first ill have to know the mobo model/revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom