help with boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocftbll30

Solid State Member
i need some help booting up. i cant figure out which disk to use it keeps coming up with this message that says boot disk error please insert the disk and press enter. i dont know what to do because i have used all of the disks that i have. i need help quick. thanks

wes

boot it up for the first time. i just finished building. now i was trying to install all the disks that came with my motherboard but it wont load up. it just keeps saying boot disk error. i dont even think i got a boot disk.

obviously , they usally arent bootable you should install drivers from windows , if you havnt installed windows yet then youll have to put in the cd and boot from it to start installation

the operating system cd? because i have put that in and it wont load up are there keyboard commands that i must use in order to load it?
i have an A8N-SLI series motherboard cd
a operating system- windows xp home edition cd
a graphics card cd

those are the only disks that came with my hardware and the os i purchased. break it down anyway you have to i just really want to know exactly what i need to do. thanks alot

wes

Enter the CMOS Setup by hitting F1, F2, Delete or the appropriate key deteremined by your BIOS and Motherboard. Tape that key as soon as you see the detecting drives information, continue to hit it until you see at the bottom of the screen, "Entering Setup" Or you arrive at a Blue screen with menu Options, which is the CMOS Setup Program.

Locate the Option for boot order and set your CD-ROM Drive As the First one. Save settings and exit.

it doesnt go the other way around you gotta install the operating system first and then the drivers (from windows that is) and its better to download the latest drivers as usally the drivers supplied on the cds are older , youll need to get into the bios (usally by pressing the *delete* button) and goto the "boot" tab then to the "boot device priority" and the the 1st device properly (put the optical drive as 1st) press *esc* and goto the "exit" tab and goto "save changes and exit" and apply

how to navigate in bios - use arrows for right/left/up/down and enter to get into a menu or to an option/item and esc to return to the previous menu

and just incase you dont know what "optical" means , any drive with laser lens cdrw/dvdrw/cdrom/dvdrom

anyway after its set to boot from the optical drive just insert the windows cd.. and the rest is obvious well maybe not totally , might wanna have a look at a windows install guide http://www.windowsreinstall.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom