It's Final Done : Pics Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
mole1135 said:
ya my x1900xtx sounds like a jet engine maxed out

Mole are you OCin' yours? So far i've just used CCC in Overdrive and i'm able to OC to 690/1600 no problems. I ran the test app. then ran 3Dmark05, 3Dmark06 & Played BF2 for 2 hours no problems.

The Core was reporting 74C.... woohoo!!!! spicy....

I bet it can OC much higher... but, there aren't many other tools that are having much luck with OCin' the X1900XTX. Seems CCC is the most stable...

no i havent decided to oc anything on my sys yet. i decided im gonna use it as is for about 2-3 months then oc( just incase ...you know) but my x1900xtx still runs at 68c full load..............hot!!

thats not bad at all remember video cards have a higher temp threshold most cards can overheat to arould 120c or above and still be good.

that would be crazy to get it up that high. i guess it just seems allitle hot to me.

Yeah... 120C is really pushing the limits. Seriously shortening the lifespan of a card. But, at the rate that software/games are going, they shorten the lifespan faster.

Anyway, there was a article, i forget where, but they were saying that ATI gave a few review sites a special tool that they developed for OCin' the X1800 & X1900 cards. The site was able to reach 780/1800 on the stock HS & FAN with another 80mm fan blowing directly over the card. No artifacts.

I'm sure with the right tool and liquid cooling the R580 can go much higher then that.

So MOLE, don't worry. Go into CCC and run the test app in overdrive. It will then tell you that you can run your card at 687/799, crank it up and run 3Dmark05. You'll notice about 500 more points easily. The temp change will be about 3C or 4C.

Crank her up dude... no worries.

i am not saying its good to run the cards at that temp but lets say you put a new heatsink on but not properly so it at the 100c mark its good to know your card is still good and you just have to the hsf back on properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom