7900GT owns 7900GTX and 7800GTX512?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brtnboarder495

Daemon Poster
Scroll down to the 7900GT section on this page.

Looks like it's possible, and a great alternative since the 7900GTX is only 100/100 faster, and therefore you can save about $200 by OCing that out.

It looks as if they used a volt mod, so I'm not surprised about that. Personally I'm not going to touch the volts, it already plays games fine now and volt mods reduce the lifespan of videocards, and they destroy your warrenty.

Yeah, the problem is cooling. And then the other problem is life span. So you've got a GT OC'ed beyond GTX... HOw long did it last you? 2 Months? Pumping 1.7v into a video will certainly lessen it's chances of long term survival.

Yep...doesn't make any sense! BTW, My BFG 7900gt runs 550/1600 with coolbits and I have seen no increase in temp form the stock clock speeds which is weird (maybe a degree or two). As soon as they become avialable, I'll be running two of these in SLI and those two cards will blow the 1900 and 7900GTX out of the water for the same price! Nvidia hit the jackpot wiht the new G71 core. Looks like Nvidia has done it again!!!

You do realise that one 7900 GT should last you 10-12 months......

but hey if you got the $ go for it:D

These cards are Vista ready and barring DX10 changes for games, (much further out than 10-12 months and 64 bit game encoding which is also a ways off), they'll be good for alot longer than that. It will, however, be fascinating to see what the G80 series chips actualy have to offer. The G71 chip is pretty amazing!

These cards are Vista ready and barring DX10 changes for games, (much further out than 10-12 months and 64 bit game encoding which is also a ways off), they'll be good for alot longer than that. It will, however, be fascinating to see what the G80 series chips actualy have to offer. The G71 chip is pretty amazing!
Where did you get that? These cards are by no means DX10.

i would do the volt mod i you guys act like you keep them for long anyways every 6 months or so your upgade so yah it will last that long and longer i bet those gts will last a couple years .

Okay, so maybe the volt mod is a bit far-fetched, but still, the 7900GT can usually hit just below 600/1600, which is just barely slower than the 7900GTX, and for the $200 price difference, it's definitely not worth buying the 7900GTX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom