Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes it is a new os but I wouldn't install it until it comes out because any vista you get now is beta and is buggy and unstable.

thanks...anyway, if it's an independent OS why is it that it needs a so called VIRTUAL PC w/ SP1 to be installed? how is this happening? please do explain it further...God speed!!!

sasvirus said:
thanks...anyway, if it's an independent OS why is it that it needs a so called VIRTUAL PC w/ SP1 to be installed? how is this happening? please do explain it further...God speed!!!

It doesn't. You can install it using Virtual Machine software like VMWare, however. I did it and it works, but very slow.

sasvirus said:

You don't need virtual pc, although some people like to install vista that way so they don't have to reformat their computer to install vista. also if vista screws up on a virtual pc it won't screw up the whole computer because it is in its own isolated space away from everything else.

what are the pc specs that fits with the windows vista guys? where can i download this OS? is the installation same as XP Pro?

punish3r said:
what are the pc specs that fits with the windows vista guys? where can i download this OS? is the installation same as XP Pro?

The Specs have not been released as of yet. M$ Technet Gives a description of what the Vista Capable machines are like.

Downloading the OS right now is pointless unless you are a tester since you will only be able to run it for 13 days.

The install is about the same as XP but it is a BETA OS which means that not everything will work on it and it will give you BSOD more often.

Makaveli213 said:
The Specs have not been released as of yet. M$ Technet Gives a description of what the Vista Capable machines are like.

Downloading the OS right now is pointless unless you are a tester since you will only be able to run it for 13 days.

The install is about the same as XP but it is a BETA OS which means that not everything will work on it and it will give you BSOD more often.

Ya windows vista right now reminds me alot of windows millenium edition for the crashes and such.

Well that is why it is in Beta still. I have some of the old Whistler Betas and you wouldnt believe how unstable XP was when it was in Beta. Just like Vista is now. But hence the Beta process. Makes life a little easier so they dont have to go thru testing while the product is released. ;)

I actually think we are at a time that the Vista Beta is finally stable the problem remains in compatibility which will improve when code and drivers are actually written for it instead of borrowing XP era code and drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom