Dual 7900GT or 7900GTX ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumik

In Runtime
I have a dillema here, should I go with 2 x 7900GT or just get one 7900GTX ? I'm building a computer by myself for the first time so I'm not that technical yet. But which one would b better since it comes out to the same price ?

Green Radience said:
If you've got the money, then go with Dual 7900GTs.

PS: My cousin lives in Mississauga :)

Hehe, nice to know :) ask him where he gets his best prices here.

And I forgot to mention that I will have 23'' Widescreen HP L2335 or 23'' Widescreen Sony SDM-P234. And with resolutions 1900X1200 i need soething good. Not sure if to go with single or with SLI. And I'm pretty sure that even if I go with single I won't b buying another 7900GTX to go with SLI anywhere in the future. This setup needs to last me a long time. Unless in a year the price of GTX will dropp to $300 then I'll get another one.

ok well if your looking for resolutuion in game with AA and stuff id say go SLI becuase they show better results at higher resolutions...

dont quote me on that though..........

you will probly get alot of answers like "i dont like sli" and so on but thats because they dont have the money or like to follow the crowd. but id say with the dual 7900gt because i agree with lord anthrax i remember reading that its better at higher resolution with aa and all that jazz. oh yeah consider a nice samsung monitor. i love samsung never ever had a problem with them very sturdy and reliable. i dropped a samsung crt, i open my car door and it fell out the side and never broke worked perfect only thing that happen was a chip of plastic came off the stand not evern noticable.

�ArchOAngel� said:
you will probly get alot of answers like "i dont like sli" and so on but thats because they dont have the money or like to follow the crowd. but id say with the dual 7900gt because i agree with lord anthrax i remember reading that its better at higher resolution with aa and all that jazz. oh yeah consider a nice samsung monitor. i love samsung never ever had a problem with them very sturdy and reliable. i dropped a samsung crt, i open my car door and it fell out the side and never broke worked perfect only thing that happen was a chip of plastic came off the stand not evern noticable.

Need I refer you to this: http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79791

NOT worth the money for the gains you get at all. Why pay twice the money if you're not getting twice the FPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom