defrag problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
well O&O wont run in safe mode

AND NOW MY PC IS SLOWER AT START UO WTF

Attachments

• untitled1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 73
I tried running it in safe mode but I was not allow to start it due to being in safe mode

I tried running it in normal and all is well
but it still says I am 36% fragmented

WHY ARE THESE ITEMS LOCKED
I think these are the problem due to they are the fragmented files

398 25,712 C:\$Extend\$UsnJrnl:$J:$DATA
2 640,000 C:\pagefile.sys
2 2 C:\$MFT::$BITMAP
1 317 C:\$Bitmap
1 2 C:\$Boot
1 16,384 C:\$LogFile
1 1 C:\$MFTMirr
1 2 C:\$Root::$SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR
1 262,025 C:\hiberfil.sys
1 128 C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT
1 64 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY
1 64 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM
1 4 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG
1 2 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG
1 1,152 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system
1 4,224 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software
1 128 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default
1 5 C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG
1 64 C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat
1 128 C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT
1 5 C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG
1 64 C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat
1 64 C:\Documents and Settings\Blair Maltman\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat

well I have never had this problem before I never let my drive fragment more then 10% and I do it once a week

Now all of a sudden I am up to 36% and cant defrag WTF I AM TOTALLY READY TO DO A FRESH INSTALL

AND NOW MY PC IS SLOWER WTF

You can bump your files onto a disk, then delete them off your hard drive and then restore them after defrag, this will enable certain files to be less fragmented.

Delete your system restore points(system restore can take quite a bit of space, and will not be touched by the defrag option), before a defrag, then reenable the function and create a new restore piont afterward.

You can perform the defag option with a pitance, 15% is the message you get as the recomemended value, you should always do this a least twice.

How much free space do you have? I use Diskeeper and it needs abt 22% free space, ideally for a good defrag.

I have tons of room left trust me

I actuly did my mom pc today TOTALLY different machine (compaq) XP home and it did the same thing went from 28%frag to 6% frag and it said files could not be moved / defraged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom