need a build check before order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i updated it a little bit after reading the forums etc.

Anyways here goes
MoBo: DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-D
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+ Toledo
Memory: G.Skill Value Series 2gigs
PSU: Antec TruepowerII 550
GPU: BFG Tech Geforce 7900GTX 512MB
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB
Sound Card: Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
Case: NZXT LEXA

final price 2k after rebates and shipping

Dont know about the Mobo again but i do for sure want to go with DFI as a brand for the Mobo. And for sure the x2 4400 as a CPU. Dont know if the other thing are going to be compatable (it looks like it after reading the specs but im not that sure)

could someone let me know if the items i have are compatable together?

Also Might still go with This Board but dont know for sure.

kinda looking to get a SLI board just incase i want to go SLI

I think the parts you picked out originally were exellent. Stick with the case you picked before the one you have picked out now is ugly. DFI makes exellent motherboards deffinatley if you overclock. However I dont like them due to how the ram is placed above the processor. But that is a personal opinion. The Asus board is great to but it seems a bit expensive.

What is the difference between the Delux and the Premium Asus boards?

Also if i do go with the DFI boards what one would be better for the x2 4400? the expert or the normal one

I'm pretty sure the only difference is that Asus Premium has a heat pipe between the northbridge and southbridge.

I have the ASUS A8N32 SLI Delux and feel it is a strong MB with great overclocking ability. I also am using a X2 4800+ oced at 2.7GHz. Your original equipment you picked is fine. I do not know how high you can overclock the 4400 though.

Ok after looking at a ton of reviews etc ive come down that im going to go with my original build... with few changes (hard drive mostly)

MoBo: ASUS A8N32 SLI Deluxe
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+ Toledo
Memory: Corsair XMS DDR400 2gigs
PSU: Antec TruepowerII 550
GPU: Evga Geforce 7900GTX 512mb
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 250gb
Sound Card: Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
Case: Thermaltake Armor Series (Might go with the Tsunami rather than this though)
CD/DVD Drives: 2x NEC 16x DVD+R IDE/ATAPI
Floppy: SONY Black Internal Floppy Drive

Really im just posting this again to make sure everything is going to work with each other. and is something doesnt please point it out so i can change it as quick as possible. puting the order in either tomorrow or saturday! :)

Thanks again guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom