Vid card issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pyrothrillah said:
Ok I just built gaming pc with everything in my sig, but the card will not output video, Its got the four pin power hooked into it, when I fire up the computer, everything comes on, fans, light...etc. Is it possible my CPU isn't working?

Ok. The 7900GT is a PCI Express video card and requires a 6pin connector not 4pin. Secondly, i have the A8N32 also and i'm pretty sure it doesn't have an onboard BIOS speaker. I have one on my front panel of my case and it's connected to the motherboard.

Verify that you have a 6pin pci express power connecter to the card.
I think you might be talking about the EZPLUG on the motherboard, which is a four pin connecter (Molex). That is designed to maintain voltage integrity for videocard and such. You still need the PCI-E 6pin connecter..

Yeah I have the 6 pin to the card, the four pin molex, the EZ Plug and the 24 pin or whatever. The 6 pin goes into the vid card and has two female connectors for 4 pin power. I connected one from the PSU to it. The EZ Plug comes off the psu as well into the mobo.

both those female adapters need to be plugged in. off the card to the power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom