ArcticSilver5. the best $6 ever spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah but i wasn't sure if there was a special kind of AS for the video card. just checkin, sorry for the obvious question.

AS5 is AS5. it is just a thermal conductive compound designed to increase heat transfer between said chip and its heatsink. it doesn't matter what the chip is.

infiltrator7 said:
is my AS5 still ok to use even if i haven't refrigerated it after opening it?

why would it need to be refrigerated ? :confused: I have a tube in my tool box that's about a year old and i still use it,I just did my 6800GS a little while ago and the AS5 still seem's fine :)

yeah i didn't think it needed to be either. i saw someone on this forum, i think it was john03 or something say that it had to be refrigerated.

The site says that you need to store it with the tip facing down incase anything in it like the silver particles settle. The site said putting it in a fridge would help keep it from settling...

charles_scott said:
The site says that you need to store it with the tip facing down incase anything in it like the silver particles settle. The site said putting it in a fridge would help keep it from settling...

hmm, i didn't do that but its only been a couple months so i'm prolly ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom