What Parts TO Keep From Old Computer!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly i'd just save your money until the summer and get a g80 and an AM2 mobo with the DDR2 ram. also if windows is installed onto a hd already i don't think you can install it on a different HD.

Im Looking to spend 550 MAX on a CPU And MOBO Are These NEW THings Gonna Be Over That ?? And DDR 2 Im Looking To Spend 200 MAX On 2 Gigs Of Ram !!

its a good idea to wait and get a directX10 card but i wouldnt go for AM2. i heard a lot of ppl sayin the latency is rubbish, its buggy and not a noticeable amount of differnce with ddr2 memory.

you do know that current AMD cpu's dont support ddr2 yet dont u? (well u do now) you would have to wait quite a while and theres not much point.

yeah i know i was saying to wait for AM2. unless you were talking about him. anyways, even if AM2 turns out to be a bust, prices should drop for other components like 939 mobos.

Yeah thats what i was hoping for. My mate told me yesterday that amd bringing out the fx62 in a few months (not too sure about this) and then the fx64 next year this would make prices drop loads but depends if you want to wait that long. I think ill wait till the fx 62 comes out.

i'd say keep most of it, basic monitor keyboard etc stuff.

the ram chip, an extra never hurts, if ya have a spare slot and its compatiable shuve it in.

the HDD again same thing if ya got a spare slot stick it in.

but yea i reckon you should keep all parts, if something goes worng you can replace pretty much any part if ya have a whole spare PC xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom